PADI TecRec Diving in Phuket, Thailand
PADI Tec Rec Courses Phuket Thailand
Technical diving is scuba diving’s “extreme” sport, taking experienced and qualified divers far deeper than in mainstream recreational diving. Technical diving is marked by significantly more equipment and training requirements to manage the additional hazard this type of diving entails. Tec diving isn’t for everyone, but for those who hear its challenge call, the PADI TecRec courses are the answer.
The fun part of TecRec is rising to the challenges as you dive deeper and longer than most divers ever do.
What is PADI TecRec Diving?
Technical scuba diving is defined as diving other than conventional commercial or research diving that takes divers beyond recreational scuba diving limits. It is further defined as and includes one or more of the following:
- diving beyond 40 metres/130 feet deep
- required stage decompression
- diving in an overhead environment beyond 40 linear metres/130 linear feet of the surface
- accelerated decompression and or the use of variable gas mixtures during the dive
- Because in technical diving the surface is effectively inaccessible in an emergency, tec divers use extensive methodologies and technologies and training to manage the added risks. Even with these, however, tec diving admittedly has more risk, potential hazard and shorter critical error chains than does recreational scuba diving.