You can credit your PADI Tec 40 course training towards the PADI Tec 45, Tec 50 and Tec Deep diver courses.
Objectives of the Tec 45 course
- The skills and equipment and planning need to dive to a maximum of 45 metres/145 feet.
- The knowledge to plan and execute single and repetitive decompression dives using a single stage cylinder of EANx or oxygen to accelerate or add conservatism to the decompression stops.
- There would be no time limit to amount of decompression
- Prepare for and respond to foreseeable technical diving emergencies
- Master the basic skills and procedures you’ll need as you move into deeper technical diving
Tec Equipment used
- Primary and secondary regulators
- Back-up mask
- BCD and harness
- Depth gauge/computer *
- Backup depth gauge/computer *
- Timing device and backup timing device *
- Appropriate exposure suit *
- Weight system (if needed)
- Two inflatable signal tubes
- Knife/cutting device and backup *
- Slate and backup slate *
- Two stage/decompression regulators
- Compass *
Tec 45 Course Material used
You’ll use the Tec Deep Diver Crew-Pak, which introduces you to
- tec diving lingo
- emergency procedures
- decompression and stage cylinder handling
- gas planning
The pak includes a manual, dive planning checklist and dive planning slate. You’ll continue to use the Tec Deep Diver Crew-Pak through the PADI Tec 50 course.
You must be:
- Be a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Be a PADI Enriched Air Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Be a PADI Deep Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Be a PADI Tec 40 (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Have a minimum of 50 logged dives, of which at least:
- 12 dives were made with enriched air nitrox deeper than 18 metres/60 feet
- 6 (with or without EANx) dives were deeper than 30 metres/100 feet
- At least 18 years old
- Have a medical statement signed by a physician
Duration: 3 days, 4 dives
– 19,800 baht and that includes: material, certification, equipment rental, transportation to and from the boat, boat fees and breakfast, lunch, soft drinks, snacks, water, tea, coffee on the boat.
– Air, Nitrox and Oxygen fills are included in course prices